At Seattle Makers, a key feature of our mission and values is making our space accessible to everyone. Our Scholarship Program funds memberships for those who are economically disadvantaged, including students, low-income folks, and retirees.
Funding for this program is provided by Builder & Sponsor members, and as such, a limited number of scholarships are awarded as funds are available.
- Applicants must be 17 years old or older.
- Applicants must submit an application (see below) to be considered.
- Upon receipt and review of an application, we will contact the applicant to schedule a 30-minute interview over Zoom.
Recipients of a scholarship receive:
- a free Maker membership for 6 months.
- a monthly materials stipend in the form of reimbursement up to $25 for materials purchased each month.
Additionally, scholarship recipients are partnered with a Maketeer who will work with them to create and share:
- at least 4 social media posts per month, to be posted on Seattle Makers’ social media feeds.
- at least 1 blog post per month summarizing projects that the scholarship recipient has been working on. This can be in the form of a 1-page written post or a 3-4 minute video.