Seattle Makers 3D Printing Guide for SLA
This is a Guide on how to use our Mars 2 or Mars S SLA machines. If you want to use our EPAX Machine, please see a Maketeer for more information.
Setting up ChituBox Slicer Software
Setting up Printer Profiles & Settings
Note: You will need to make an account to download.
How to Print!
Get those gloves and masks on.
3D printing is fun and creative but requires care and attention at all times. It’s important to wear gloves and a face mask when operating SLA 3D printers in general, and also while models are being processed.
Some other things to consider:
- If you’ve made contact with resin, use water to wash away thoroughly immediately.
- For those with long hair be sure to keep it away from the machine.
- Make sure to tuck in loose bits of clothing.
Be careful with moving parts of the machine too, such as the Z-axis screws and rails.
The overview of Printing SLA
- Slice Your File
- Prepare The Printer
- Send G-Code to printer
- Clean & Cure your Print
- Clean Your
1. Slice Your File
2. Prepare The SLA Printer
- Put on Mask & rubber gloves
- Wipe down build plate with Isopropyl Alcohol.
- Gently shake resin
- Slowly pour resin into tank. Minimum of 1/3 of the tank and do not exceed the max fill line.
- Put on cover to avoid sunlight.
3. Send G-Code To Printer
- If you find there is not enough resin to complete your print, you can press Pause and add more resin. Then press print to continue printing.
4. Clean & Cure your Print
5. Clean the Printer
Other 3D Printing Resources
Find and compare filament colors at https://filamentcolors.xyz/library/