HDMI 5″ Display Backpack
Note: this is NOT a touchscreen
- 5″ display with 800×480 resolution
- microUSB port
- 50mA backlight current
- Total current draw: 500mA
- Attaches to any computer with HDMI output
- Features TFP401 for decoding video (a DVI/HDMI decoder from TI) – does NOT contain a video scaler
- Can take unencrypted video and pipe out the raw 24-bit color pixel data
- HDCP not supported
- Can be powered from a USB port as long as the power source can supply 500mA on the USB port
- PWM input
Total current can be reduced down 370mA by running the backlight at half-brightness (25mA). With the backlight off, the decoder and display itself draws 250mA. For more backlight control, connect the PWM input to your microcontroller or other PWM output and you can continuously dim the backlight as desired.
Go here for Adafruit’s tutorial on how to set the resolution when using a Raspberry Pi.