Come one, come all to Seattle Maker’s very first electronics night!
Who is welcome: Any level of experience is welcome, but this event will be especially geared towards beginners.
What to bring: You do not need to bring any parts, but it would be helpful if you could bring a laptop with a USB port.
This event will be molded based on what YOU want. Possible topics include:
- Fundamentals of coding (if statements, while loops, variables, etc)
- Fundamentals of microcontroller coding, including leveraging existing libraries for certain components
- What is a microcontroller?
- Coding environment setup: Arduino IDE
- Arduino and/or circuit playground demonstration
- How to use a breadboard
- How to solder
- PCB design for beginners
- How to design a project and make requirements
- How to pick out parts
- OLED displays
- DC motors
- Switch buttons
- Making robots
- … and the list goes on!